Free shippingwithin New Zealand
Click here for shipping details
Shopping helpIf you encounter difficulties while shopping please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Owl that Fell from the Sky – Stories of a Museum CuratorBy Brian Gill
Natural history museums contain many thousands of zoological specimens and each has a tale to tell; often involving extraordinary people, daring explorations, unquenchable scientific curiosity, and strange coincidences. This perfectly presented book, with its engaging pictures, is rich in stories and unveils many secrets.
– the fate of a tortoise given as a gift by Captain Cook
– the epic international voyage of the biggest known moa egg
– the admiration induced by an ape from the jungles of Borneo
– the barn owl of mysterious origins
– the unfortunate fate of an angry young elephant
– the quest to discover how a New Zealand heron turned up in a Florence museum
– the strange arrival of an Australian banjo frog
– and many other mind-boggling mysteries.
The author is a fabulous storyteller, and this book will be loved by museum-goers, animal-lovers, and anyone with a curiosity about the natural world.
Sequel to The Owl that Fell from the Sky The Unburnt Egg – More Stories of a Museum Curator
Print edition: Available at all good booksellers in New Zealand, Australia, US and Canada. Other customers, please order directly below.
Ebook edition: Available from e-tailers worldwide, including (but not limited to):